How to Utilize Your New Health Insurance Policy
You have enrolled in a health plan from Permera an we want to help you maximize your benefits!
1) Register your primary care physician with Premrea to receive the lowest co-pays for office visits.
2) Consider the mail order option if you take a prescription on a regular basis. This will allow you to get a 90 day supply and eliminate trips to the pharmacy.
3) Utilize the preventative benefits that are included with your policy at no charge to you. Click HERE to see more details.
4) On a plan that is eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA)? Funding your account lets you pay your expenses from it and save for your deductible.
5) Download the Premera Mobile App on your smartphone or tablet. This will allow you to show proof of coverage and find a preferred provider when you are out and about.
6) Access the 24 hour nurse hotline if you are unsure about whether you should go to the emergency room, an urgent care clinic, or if you can wait until your doctor’s office opens again.
7) Utilize Premera.com to ensure your doctor is a preferred provider and is on your network. Click HERE to go to their directory.
8) Be aware of the need for prior authorization. Everything that is not a standard test or procedure will require per-authorization. If you are concerned about this, check with your insurance comapny before you have any service done. This will prevent you form being surprised by your portion of the cost of service.
Source: Premera Blue Cross – www.premera.com.