Medicare Part D
What is Medicare Part D?
Medicare Part D is coverage for prescription drug costs. This coverage is offered by private insurance companies that are contracted through Medicare. There are many companies that offer programs in the state of Washington. These programs are specific to each individuals needs as they are based on the medications an individual takes on a regular maintenance basis. These programs have deductibles and copays and preferred pharmacies. It is imperative that clients understand how their Medicare Part D program works to get the best possible coverage. These programs are fluid and should be reviewed on an annual basis.
Each fall Medicare Part D clients are responsible for reviewing their plans and prescriptions to ensure they are still in the right plan. The Annual Open Enrollment period runs from October 15th through December 7th. The links below provide information to help you review your Part D plan annually.
- Castell Insurance Part D Step by Step Presentation [PDF]
- Castell Insurance Keys to Enrollment [PDF]
- Medicare.gov online enrollment video #1: Getting Started
- Medicare.gov online enrollment video #2: Entering Your Prescription Drugs
- Medicare.gov online enrollment video #3: Selecting Pharmacies
- Medicare.gov online enrollment video #4: Refining & Sorting Your Plan Results
- Medicare.gov online enrollment video #5: Comparing Plans